While the country is known for its maple syrup and lush green landscapes, the land of Canada hosts music festivals of all kinds around the year. You can visit the country at any time of the year and be amazed by an ongoing music festival happening around the corner. To help you get ahead in your itinerary, here is a list of the most awaited music festivals of the year:
- Osheaga – What started as a vision to bring the European style of the music festival to the country has evolved into a full three-week music festival that attracts visitors from all parts of the world. The latest edition features the second weekend dedicated solely to heavy metal followed by a weekend of EDM music.
- Shambhala Music Festival – Voted as the favorite summer music festival by fans consistently, this five-day camping event features a wide array of artists who set the tone of the festival among the beautiful country backdrop. It’s definitely a must-visit for fans who want to explore music at their own pace.
- North by Northeast (NXNE) – Creating the perfect music for a successful music festival, the festival includes hundreds of artists lined up to produce an epic music festival which includes events, performances, conferences, and even theatre acts to entertain the crowd.
- Sled Island – Spread across more than 30 locations in Calgary, this annual five-day festival brings together more than 300 artists, filmmakers, and comics from all over the world.
- Dreams Festival – Held annually on the East Island in Toronto, the two-day EDM event is a living orchestra of emotions within itself. While renowned DJs spin the crowd-favorites on the main stage, several other small events happen across the island attracting a huge amount of crowd to them.
- Bass Coast – Located in British Columbian region, this live music festival is all about encouraging new and unorthodox forms of music and promote artists to perform experimental music performances throughout the event. This is a must-visit for someone who wants to put forward and discuss their views on music and its future.
- Escapade – The capital city of Canada comes to life every summer when the world’s most renowned trance, techno, and house music artists come together to set the tone for the city’s most exclusive music festival of the year.
- Ottawa Bluesfest – Another popular event from the Canadian capital, the event goes on for ten days and has something from each genre of music including a huge influence by blues music, after which the name was named originally.
- Chasing Summer – Pegged as the largest outdoor EDM event to be held in Canada, the two-day electronic event is definitely a must-attend for all party lovers. Dance to the beats of your favorite artists from sunrise to dawn with artists lined up one after the other for this event.
- Boots and Hearts – A music festival for the country lovers, this festival is held annually in the heart of Toronto and features an amazing line-up of world-class country artists who attract visitors from all across the world
Plan your visit accordingly to make the most out of these music festivals happening in the country.